Experienced Help For Your Legal Needs
When you are managing real estate or dealing with the death of a loved one, I will take the time to understand your circumstances so we can achieve your legal goals together. At Stan Gauthier, II A Law Corporation, I help families, homeowners and commercial property owners in Lafayette meet their needs quickly and carefully.
For more than 40 years, I have represented clients in all matters of the law big or small. I have worked in the community for decades, so I understand where you come from and where you need to go.
Your Family And Your Assets Come First
I handle all issues related to estate planning and succession, including:
- Helping you determine if you need a will
- Navigating conflicts and competing interest between spouses and children
- Unique considerations for blended families and remarriage
- Particular bequests
- Minor children
- Forced heirship
- What passes outside the estate
- Navigating tax consequences of donations
- Federal and state estate taxes
- Springing business power of attorney and health care power of attorney
- Creating and administering trusts
- The estate process for uncontested and contested wills
Estate planning and succession needs are often addressed during periods of grief and change in the clients’ lives. During these times, you deserve to work with a compassionate attorney who can provide personalized attention to your needs.
Value Added To Your Real Estate Transactions
I also help clients with their residential and commercial real estate needs, including:
- Understanding who represents you in a real estate transactions
- Providing the legal guidance a real estate agent cannot
- Discussing dual representation by real estate agents
- Sales, including the “as is” clause
- Mortgages, including executory process
- Property disclosure statement, including flood issues
- Settlement statement / HUD-1
- Title insurance to protect the lender and to protect you
- Subdivision restrictions
- Homeowner Associations
- Closing forms
- Forced placed insurance
- Talking to the neighbors
- Benefits of extra mortgage payments
I strive to add value to your real estate transactions by working efficiently to accomplish your goals. With four decades of experience, I can quickly spot issues and carefully work to ensure your needs are met in a timely manner.
Offering Guidance In Business Transactions And Formation
I regularly help clients resolve a variety of business law matters. I can help you with:
- Determining the best transaction form for your needs
- Tax issues
- Capital gains
- Negotiating the transaction as seller or buyer
- Limited Liability Companies – LLCs
- Piercing the veil
Just like you would never try to perform your own open-heart surgery, you should not attempt to resolve your own business law matters. It is best to have an experienced attorney help you resolve your business concerns now to avoid errors that could ultimately cost you much more in the future.
Offering Diverse Litigation Services
While I strive to resolve legal matters efficiently and without unnecessary expense, I am always prepared to litigate your legal matter if it is the best means of achieving your legal goals. I can help you understand a variety of issues related to litigation, including:
- Cost of litigation, including retainers
- Financial and emotional trauma
- Court costs including expert fees
- Strategy as a plaintiff or defendant
- Understanding if your insurance company owes you a defense.
- Litigation time
When it comes to litigation, I consider my firm to be a “dollars and sense firm.” My goal is always to help the client avoid spending more on attorney’s fees and litigation costs than the amount they might recover. I would rather see you use the funds expended on attorney fees and litigation costs to obtain a definite result, not a maybe result.
Do Not Wait To Address Your Needs. Call Today.
You and your family deserve guidance from a trusted attorney. As a solo practitioner, I am available to provide personal attention to you every step of the way. Call my office in Lafayette at 337-205-7383 for help now or send an email to set up an appointment. I am available over the phone or in-person at a time that is convenient for you.